Sunday, February 17, 2013

Secret Place



Secret Place

There is a secret place you go
where no one can follow
A place to get what you want
but not what you need
 

Not knowing when you’re going
isn't like being left behind
It’s a place where only you
know what you’ll find
 

Sometimes when we’re together
you’re not near me
Sometimes there is a place
without me you’d rather be
 

Every time I think I've found
your heart’s magic labyrinth
There’s a light in your eyes that shines
from a secret place I can’t see
 

Your eyes glisten with the depth
of your spirit’s understanding
Trying to go there with you
has got me flying blind
 

I’ll just stay here watching
the river of time flow by quietly
Waiting patiently for your presence
to feel back at home with mine …
 


© Harlon Rivers ... February 17th, 2013