Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Melody of a Moment





Sometimes the melody of the moment
has an extremely vague and illicit tone
Distressing sibilance, confusing
the harmonics of the song
Idle time passes and yet circles
the same familiar beginning point
as if frozen, never bending the slightest note
as time slips past without notice

Surrendering to unresolved
pondering wonderment
Accepting natural forgone conclusions
seems like the only
likely option at hand
Although, surrendering in this moment
would feel like the music died

Knowing I have passed
this definitive point repeatedly,
while believing it resembles
an identical lost beginning,
implies an ambiguous ending
as unprovoked thoughts
elicit hazy illusions
of a past moment’s memory

I’ll never learn to comprehend
those cryptic messages
believed to vaguely exist
somewhere in-between the lyrics' lines
of written understanding
Ill-conceived misunderstanding
The chimera of silent reverie 

Each time I pass this way
I’ll always wish I still knew you 
I’ll always hold out hope 
for your awakened understanding
I hear elements of your heart's song
interwoven within broken dreams
of what could have been
harmonic musical reality…


© 2012 Harlon Rivers